Friday, January 18, 2008

Phil is sorry...that he's an idiot.

Check out this little statement he made to USA Today:


Phil McGraw says his recent visit to Britney Spears in the hospital was appropriate. His only regret: issuing a statement about it. (no shit man)


"Was it helpful to the situation? Regrettably, no. (fuck no!) It was not, and I have to acknowledge that and I do," (I also have to acknowledge how badly my attempt at self promotion blew up in my face) the talk show host told his audience Thursday during taping of a Dr. Phil episode that will run Monday. (provided I'm not taken off the air before then)


"I definitely think if I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't make any statement at all. Period." (and forgo the free publicity)


Later, in an exclusive interview with USA TODAY, McGraw discussed events that have made him the focus of intense criticism: the Jan. 5 hospital visit (STUPID), his statement about it to Entertainment Tonight (really STUPID) and a planned then canceled episode that was to have focused on Spears' situation. (career suicide)


At the request of Spears' parents, McGraw says, he visited the pop star as "a friend and ally of the family," not as a psychologist (bullshit). He stopped practicing years ago and is not licensed in California.(felony)


Keep up the good work Phil!

No comments: