Friday, August 8, 2008

PBS wants to make Mister Rogers go away.

PBS, you've gone waaaaaaay too far this time.

After decades of syndication and hundred of shows PBS wants to shut down the Neighborhood of Make Believe. Starting in September these public television Nazis intend to stop showing it in and instead regulate it to one episode per week. The one normal children's program on the air and they want to tank it. I don't think I need to get into the impact that Mister Rogers made on all of our lives and I don't think I need to get into how myself and everyone else felt when he died. What I do need to say is this: WHAT'S THE PROBLEM PBS, NOT MAKING ENOUGH MONEY??? Unlike Hannah Montana, Mister Rogers' face isn't smeared all over the landscape on every sell able product humanly imaginable! What the hell are you going to replace him with??? The Teletubbies? How about Barney? Oh wait I got it the Doodlebops right?!?

If this ticks you off too and you don't want to see this crime against humanity happen then click onto http://savemisterrogers.com/ and join the fight to save Mister Rogers!

Mister Rogers was always there for us, now it's our turn to be there for him.

No comments: