Monday, June 2, 2008

Tatum O'Neal busted for crack. Sure, why not?

Does anyone remember this chick? I understand she got an Oscar at some point in her life but I'll be damned if I remember her. Anyway, the New York Daily News reports

The New York Daily News reported O’Neal, 44, was caught buying crack cocaine from a homeless street vendor three blocks from her home.

A police spokesman said she was seen buying a controlled substance from a man in Manhattan’s Lower East Side, once a crime-infested neighborhood that has become trendy.

O’Neal’s representatives could not be reached for comment. It was unclear when she would go before a judge.

The Daily News, citing unnamed police sources, reported that O’Neal first told police she was “doing research for a part” and changed her story after police searched her and found a bag of crack, a bag of regular cocaine and an unused crack pipe.

“I’ve been clean for a long time,” the Daily News reported her as telling police. “Today was the first time I was relapsing, but you guys saved me. Can you let me go?”

Tatum, I don't think the cops are just "going to let you go". By the way loved your memoir about how you beat drug addiction. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

...and what the hell kind of name is Tatum anyway?!?

No comments: